Monday, August 8, 2011

Perception

It's all about perception. Am I a scared little girl, or a strong young woman who has been through the fire and back pushing forward with caution. I trust my instincts. I want to see the good in all beings. If I let you into my world will I regret the day I thought we could be? I want to receive the love you have to give but in the beginning my heart retreats instinctively. I want to feel security and comfort from an open mind and heart. Don't penalize me because I guard my heart and soul. They've been broken and misused so many times that I thank God my spirit is still alive. Blood still joyfully runs through me. I can care, sympathize, love and be loved. I have feeling in this world where being numb seems to be most useful. No camouflage, I provide complete nudity. I see you staring at me, but do you see me? I don't care to be understood but once I care for you I want YOU to understand me. I reserve my vulnerability for those who deserve it. Those who will reciprocate without me having to break it down into Layman's Terms. I'm not afraid but l am human. Don't judge my disposition, it's merely your perception.


Photo Credit Ludget Delcy

1 comment:

Ju'lia said...

Wow that is amazing!!! Really puts into words exactly how I feel. I was just never able to say it eloquently. Beautiful picture. :)

www.worthy-magazine.com
http:jcatherinethoughts.blogspot.com